Looking for the Web site?
Get a signed hardcover copy! Limited edition -- available while supplies last. "Running on Empty" is also available in paperback wherever quality books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, iTunes, and Indiebound.
- Adventure Racing (16)
- Both Feet on the Ground (9)
- Charities & Fundraising (11)
- Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations (39)
- Friends & Family (20)
- Health and Wellness (2)
- Hydration & Nutrition (12)
- Injuries & Injury Prevention (7)
- Mountaineering (34)
- Nature – value of (5)
- Reviews (3)
- Running (78)
- Amby Burfoot, "Footloose" (Runner's World)
- C.A.M.P. USA
- Chris McDougall, "Born to Run"
- Dean Karnazes, "Dean's Blog" (Runner's World)
- Dermatone Laboratories
- ENGO/Tamarack Habilitation
- Frank McKinney, "Daredevil Real Estate Artist"
- i2P: impossible2Possible
- Injinji Socks
- Jeff Galloway, "Running and Walking Until You're 100"
- John Vonhof, "Fixing Your Feet"
- La Sportiva
- Larabar/Humm Foods
- LEKI U.S.A.
- Lisa Jhung, "Trailheads" (Runner's World)
- Lisa Smith-Batchen, "Running Hope Through America"
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment
- Pearl Izumi
- Penguin Speakers Bureau
- Ray Zahab, "EcoFit"
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- The North Face
- Todd Jennings, "Into the Woods"
- VQ OrthoCare
Author Archives: Marshall
Both Feet on the Ground: A Prescription for the Stay At Home Coronavirus Blues
You’re stressed out, tired of looking at the same four walls, drained by the negativity on social media, and exhausted from juggling work with homeschooling and entertaining your kids. No matter your age, location, or financial standing, there is a … Continue reading
Posted in Both Feet on the Ground, Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations, Health and Wellness, Mountaineering, Nature - value of, Running Comments Off on Both Feet on the Ground: A Prescription for the Stay At Home Coronavirus Blues
Death Valley to the Summit of Mount Whitney – At Age 67
July 19, 2018, Evergreen, CO – After thirty-five years as an extreme endurance athlete, including running at least 129 races averaging over 125 miles each; completing twelve expedition-length adventure races; and ascending the Seven Summits, including Mount Everest, all on … Continue reading
Posted in Badwater Ultramarathon, Running 2 Comments
How we like to celebrate this kind of anniversary
Happy anniversary to us! It’s been five years since Heather and I ascended the steps at New York City Hall together–nope, not to get married, but to celebrate the finish of my 3,062-mile run across America. (I tell you, I was … Continue reading
Posted in Book, Running on Empty (2011), Run Across U.S., SFO-NYC (2008) Comments Off on How we like to celebrate this kind of anniversary