Looking for the Web site?
Get a signed hardcover copy! Limited edition -- available while supplies last. "Running on Empty" is also available in paperback wherever quality books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, iTunes, and Indiebound.
- Adventure Racing (16)
- Both Feet on the Ground (9)
- Charities & Fundraising (11)
- Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations (39)
- Friends & Family (20)
- Health and Wellness (2)
- Hydration & Nutrition (12)
- Injuries & Injury Prevention (7)
- Mountaineering (34)
- Nature – value of (5)
- Reviews (3)
- Running (78)
- Amby Burfoot, "Footloose" (Runner's World)
- C.A.M.P. USA
- Chris McDougall, "Born to Run"
- Dean Karnazes, "Dean's Blog" (Runner's World)
- Dermatone Laboratories
- ENGO/Tamarack Habilitation
- Frank McKinney, "Daredevil Real Estate Artist"
- i2P: impossible2Possible
- Injinji Socks
- Jeff Galloway, "Running and Walking Until You're 100"
- John Vonhof, "Fixing Your Feet"
- La Sportiva
- Larabar/Humm Foods
- LEKI U.S.A.
- Lisa Jhung, "Trailheads" (Runner's World)
- Lisa Smith-Batchen, "Running Hope Through America"
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment
- Pearl Izumi
- Penguin Speakers Bureau
- Ray Zahab, "EcoFit"
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- The North Face
- Todd Jennings, "Into the Woods"
- VQ OrthoCare
Category Archives: Adventure Racing
Review of “The Nature Principle” by Richard Louv
Who needs nature? In an age when we rely so much on technology — for finding our way, amusing ourselves during “down time” (is it really down time if we’re staring at a screen?), staying in touch with people, managing our … Continue reading
Adventure Racing Tip: Towing a Team Member
Towing transfers energy from a strong member to a slower or tiring member by way of a stretchy cord secured between two teammates, thereby equalizing the team and allowing the group to travel faster. Continue reading
Posted in Adventure Racing 1 Comment
Adventure Racing Tip: Packing Your Backpack
Packing your backpack correctly is one of the key elements of a successful adventure race. If you pack your bag with a bit of forethought, it will serve you well when you are out on the course, allowing you to … Continue reading
Posted in Adventure Racing Comments Off on Adventure Racing Tip: Packing Your Backpack