Looking for the Web site?
Get a signed hardcover copy! Limited edition -- available while supplies last. "Running on Empty" is also available in paperback wherever quality books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, iTunes, and Indiebound.
- Adventure Racing (16)
- Both Feet on the Ground (9)
- Charities & Fundraising (11)
- Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations (39)
- Friends & Family (20)
- Health and Wellness (2)
- Hydration & Nutrition (12)
- Injuries & Injury Prevention (7)
- Mountaineering (34)
- Nature – value of (5)
- Reviews (3)
- Running (78)
- Amby Burfoot, "Footloose" (Runner's World)
- C.A.M.P. USA
- Chris McDougall, "Born to Run"
- Dean Karnazes, "Dean's Blog" (Runner's World)
- Dermatone Laboratories
- ENGO/Tamarack Habilitation
- Frank McKinney, "Daredevil Real Estate Artist"
- i2P: impossible2Possible
- Injinji Socks
- Jeff Galloway, "Running and Walking Until You're 100"
- John Vonhof, "Fixing Your Feet"
- La Sportiva
- Larabar/Humm Foods
- LEKI U.S.A.
- Lisa Jhung, "Trailheads" (Runner's World)
- Lisa Smith-Batchen, "Running Hope Through America"
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment
- Pearl Izumi
- Penguin Speakers Bureau
- Ray Zahab, "EcoFit"
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- The North Face
- Todd Jennings, "Into the Woods"
- VQ OrthoCare
Category Archives: Charities & Fundraising
First Ever Winter Badwater
From February 21 through Feb 27, 2021, Marshall Ulrich completed the first ever Winter Badwater! He crossed the desert on foot from the Badwater Basin at 282 feet below see level in Death Valley National Park to the Whitney Portal … Continue reading
Posted in Badwater Ultramarathon, Both Feet on the Ground, Charities & Fundraising, Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations, Friends & Family, Mountaineering, Nature - value of, Running Comments Off on First Ever Winter Badwater
Running for a Day, for a Month, for a Lifetime
Throughout May, Dick’s Sporting Goods has been promoting National Runners’ Month, offering special deals in its stores, sponsoring running events, and donating more than $25,000 to Action for Healthy Kids to help end childhood obesity. They’ve also had Kara Goucher, Ryan Hall, and Dean Karnazes out on the road as “ambassadors” to help promote an active lifestyle. Continue reading
Posted in Charities & Fundraising, Friends & Family, Running 6 Comments
Dean Karnazes’ Finish: A Place in History?
Congratulations to Dean Karnazes, who finished his run across America today, completing 2,954 miles along the southern route from Anaheim, California to New York City in 74 days. As one of the “elders” of the ultrarunning community, I want to … Continue reading