Looking for the Web site?
Get a signed hardcover copy! Limited edition -- available while supplies last. "Running on Empty" is also available in paperback wherever quality books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, iTunes, and Indiebound.
- Adventure Racing (16)
- Both Feet on the Ground (9)
- Charities & Fundraising (11)
- Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations (39)
- Friends & Family (20)
- Health and Wellness (2)
- Hydration & Nutrition (12)
- Injuries & Injury Prevention (7)
- Mountaineering (34)
- Nature – value of (5)
- Reviews (3)
- Running (78)
- Amby Burfoot, "Footloose" (Runner's World)
- C.A.M.P. USA
- Chris McDougall, "Born to Run"
- Dean Karnazes, "Dean's Blog" (Runner's World)
- Dermatone Laboratories
- ENGO/Tamarack Habilitation
- Frank McKinney, "Daredevil Real Estate Artist"
- i2P: impossible2Possible
- Injinji Socks
- Jeff Galloway, "Running and Walking Until You're 100"
- John Vonhof, "Fixing Your Feet"
- La Sportiva
- Larabar/Humm Foods
- LEKI U.S.A.
- Lisa Jhung, "Trailheads" (Runner's World)
- Lisa Smith-Batchen, "Running Hope Through America"
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment
- Pearl Izumi
- Penguin Speakers Bureau
- Ray Zahab, "EcoFit"
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- The North Face
- Todd Jennings, "Into the Woods"
- VQ OrthoCare
Category Archives: Hydration & Nutrition
Preparing for the heat
In some parts of the U.S., spring is already yielding to summer weather, and someone pointed out recently that I haven’t written too often about heat training, which seems odd given my fondness for racing and tromping around in the … Continue reading
Diggin’ It in Death Valley National Park
Ever wonder what it would be like to pound sand 16 hours a day in 100-degree weather? Me neither, but now I know. Dave Heckman and I just returned from stashing our food, water, and supplies for our July circumnavigation of … Continue reading
Putting it out there
This Sunday, Dave Heckman and I head out to the desert to stash supplies around Death Valley National Park in preparation for our July circumnavigation. We hope to finish placing the caches before the end of the week. In case … Continue reading