Looking for the Web site?
Get a signed hardcover copy! Limited edition -- available while supplies last. "Running on Empty" is also available in paperback wherever quality books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, iTunes, and Indiebound.
- Adventure Racing (16)
- Both Feet on the Ground (9)
- Charities & Fundraising (11)
- Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations (39)
- Friends & Family (20)
- Health and Wellness (2)
- Hydration & Nutrition (12)
- Injuries & Injury Prevention (7)
- Mountaineering (34)
- Nature – value of (5)
- Reviews (3)
- Running (78)
- Amby Burfoot, "Footloose" (Runner's World)
- C.A.M.P. USA
- Chris McDougall, "Born to Run"
- Dean Karnazes, "Dean's Blog" (Runner's World)
- Dermatone Laboratories
- ENGO/Tamarack Habilitation
- Frank McKinney, "Daredevil Real Estate Artist"
- i2P: impossible2Possible
- Injinji Socks
- Jeff Galloway, "Running and Walking Until You're 100"
- John Vonhof, "Fixing Your Feet"
- La Sportiva
- Larabar/Humm Foods
- LEKI U.S.A.
- Lisa Jhung, "Trailheads" (Runner's World)
- Lisa Smith-Batchen, "Running Hope Through America"
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment
- Pearl Izumi
- Penguin Speakers Bureau
- Ray Zahab, "EcoFit"
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- The North Face
- Todd Jennings, "Into the Woods"
- VQ OrthoCare
Category Archives: Badwater Ultramarathon
Fire and Ice Badwater: Part Two
Father Crowley to Portal Road Closure After we called a temporary truce with the desert and Badwater Lean at the 3,000 foot elevation sign heading up to Father Crowley Vista I willingly, although not happily, climbed into the van for … Continue reading
Posted in Badwater Ultramarathon, Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations, Friends & Family, Mountaineering, Nature - value of, Running Comments Off on Fire and Ice Badwater: Part Two
Fire and Ice Badwater 146: Part One
Winter Badwater, Start to Father Crowley “What do you think about when . . .” you cover 146 miles across the desert, and up the tallest mountain in the continental United States? Or when you run across America, or complete … Continue reading
First Ever Winter Badwater
From February 21 through Feb 27, 2021, Marshall Ulrich completed the first ever Winter Badwater! He crossed the desert on foot from the Badwater Basin at 282 feet below see level in Death Valley National Park to the Whitney Portal … Continue reading
Posted in Badwater Ultramarathon, Both Feet on the Ground, Charities & Fundraising, Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations, Friends & Family, Mountaineering, Nature - value of, Running Comments Off on First Ever Winter Badwater