Looking for the Web site?
Get a signed hardcover copy! Limited edition -- available while supplies last. "Running on Empty" is also available in paperback wherever quality books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, iTunes, and Indiebound.
- Adventure Racing (16)
- Both Feet on the Ground (9)
- Charities & Fundraising (11)
- Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations (39)
- Friends & Family (20)
- Health and Wellness (2)
- Hydration & Nutrition (12)
- Injuries & Injury Prevention (7)
- Mountaineering (34)
- Nature – value of (5)
- Reviews (3)
- Running (78)
- Amby Burfoot, "Footloose" (Runner's World)
- C.A.M.P. USA
- Chris McDougall, "Born to Run"
- Dean Karnazes, "Dean's Blog" (Runner's World)
- Dermatone Laboratories
- ENGO/Tamarack Habilitation
- Frank McKinney, "Daredevil Real Estate Artist"
- i2P: impossible2Possible
- Injinji Socks
- Jeff Galloway, "Running and Walking Until You're 100"
- John Vonhof, "Fixing Your Feet"
- La Sportiva
- Larabar/Humm Foods
- LEKI U.S.A.
- Lisa Jhung, "Trailheads" (Runner's World)
- Lisa Smith-Batchen, "Running Hope Through America"
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment
- Pearl Izumi
- Penguin Speakers Bureau
- Ray Zahab, "EcoFit"
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- The North Face
- Todd Jennings, "Into the Woods"
- VQ OrthoCare
Category Archives: Training & Tips
Crows Don’t Collect Shiny Things, Or . . .
Don’t Allow Yourself to Suffer from Nature Deficit Disorder Many of you may have heard that crows like to collect and hoard shiny things; maybe like some people hoard toilet paper? (Wink wink). While the latter may be true, the … Continue reading
Preparing for the heat
In some parts of the U.S., spring is already yielding to summer weather, and someone pointed out recently that I haven’t written too often about heat training, which seems odd given my fondness for racing and tromping around in the … Continue reading
Are bad knees inevitable?
Hey, Marsh, I have a question. Recently, I was disappointed to learn what has happened to a friend of mine, since we’ve swapped great stories about running marathons, ultras, etc. through the years. He’s 70 years old, and he explained to me … Continue reading