Looking for the Web site?
Get a signed hardcover copy! Limited edition -- available while supplies last. "Running on Empty" is also available in paperback wherever quality books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, iTunes, and Indiebound.
- Adventure Racing (16)
- Both Feet on the Ground (9)
- Charities & Fundraising (11)
- Expeditions, Excursions & Other Outdoor Explorations (39)
- Friends & Family (20)
- Health and Wellness (2)
- Hydration & Nutrition (12)
- Injuries & Injury Prevention (7)
- Mountaineering (34)
- Nature – value of (5)
- Reviews (3)
- Running (78)
- Amby Burfoot, "Footloose" (Runner's World)
- C.A.M.P. USA
- Chris McDougall, "Born to Run"
- Dean Karnazes, "Dean's Blog" (Runner's World)
- Dermatone Laboratories
- ENGO/Tamarack Habilitation
- Frank McKinney, "Daredevil Real Estate Artist"
- i2P: impossible2Possible
- Injinji Socks
- Jeff Galloway, "Running and Walking Until You're 100"
- John Vonhof, "Fixing Your Feet"
- La Sportiva
- Larabar/Humm Foods
- LEKI U.S.A.
- Lisa Jhung, "Trailheads" (Runner's World)
- Lisa Smith-Batchen, "Running Hope Through America"
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment
- Pearl Izumi
- Penguin Speakers Bureau
- Ray Zahab, "EcoFit"
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- The North Face
- Todd Jennings, "Into the Woods"
- VQ OrthoCare
Category Archives: Training & Tips
Write your own book
Pretty regularly, people ask me for writing advice. Many folks have an idea or a story they want to turn into a book. Yet, since I’m an athlete who’s an author, rather than an expert in the publishing business, I … Continue reading
Best gifts for runners
What do runners want? Most of all, we want great scenery and polite traffic, and if we can swing it, we’d also love injury-free training. Everything else is gravy! It’s one of the best parts of this sport: you don’t need much … Continue reading
Posted in Training & Tips Comments Off on Best gifts for runners
Cold-weather running: clothes, hydration, nutrition
Sure, I’m a “desert guy,” someone who spends days and weeks in the hottest place on earth. But I can help you with training during the chill of fall and winter, too. Honestly, extremes are extremes: you need to understand … Continue reading
Posted in Training & Tips Comments Off on Cold-weather running: clothes, hydration, nutrition